Working with Virtual Teams are not just about initiating, planning, controlling and closing. The manager must have various skills that are not written down anywhere and should have the ability to react, manage problems, deals with conflict and when working in a virtual environment. This is a course that will strive to delve in to how to master these virtual skills. The skills range from conflict resolution, to being able to sell upwards, to having good structures.
Benefits: This workshop will be of benefit to learners who want to effectively manage projects within a virtual environment. The workshop focuses on the leadership, communication and influencing skills a project manager must have to be able to effectively navigate virtual delivery .
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, you will:
- Understand the virtual challenges that projects and project managers face
- Identifying the tools and techniques that can be used with virtual team members
- Ability to become a problem-solver and how to use these skills
- Understand that virtual conflict is good in project and that the role of the project manager is to manage it
- The principles behind what a virtual project leader is and how to implement it.
- The ability to influence team members in non-ideal situations.
- Understand how to effectively communicate project results and status
- To be proactive and reactive in managing project situations and conflict.
The following virtual / relationship skills will be covered in the workshop through the forum of presentation, break-out workshops and case-studies:
Module 1: - Project Manager’s Mind-set
- Topic 1: – Project Management as Management by Objectives
- Topic 2: – The Mind-Set of a Project Manager
- Topic 3: – The Four Essentials of Managing Virtual Teams
Module 2: - Building Relationships
- Topic 1: – Get to Know Your People
- Topic 2: – What are your Leadership Qualities
- Topic 3: – Team Behavior
Module 3: - Virtual Structure and Delivery
- Topic 1: – What, When and How to Communicate?
- Topic 2: – Building a Good Road-map
- Topic 3: – Focus on Structure and Delivery
Module 4: - Problem Solving and Prioritisation
- Topic 1: – The Roller-Coaster of Change
- Topic 2: – Listen before Acting
- Topic 3: – Define and Clarify the Issue
Module 5: - Get in Front of Your People
- Topic 1: – Steps in Managing Virtual Conflict
- Topic 2: – Put Yourself in there Shoes
- Topic 3: – Sell what you have
Module 6: - Retrospectives & Lesson Learnt
- Topic 1: – Turning Lessons into Actions