Project Management Professional (PMP)® Preparation Course
Objective:- This project management course (Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Course) will give participants foundation, experience, techniques and tools to manage the various aspects of a project. This is a Project Management course that is based on application with a broad array of practical experiences that can immediately be applied. The Project Management course will cover the content of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and present the information that is examined on the Project Management Professional (PMP)®. This is Project Management Certification preparation course, and is suitable for anyone who wants to ensure success in the (PMP)® Certification exam.
Format:- Lecture based with simulated exams
Audience (Application Level):- Anyone wishing to take the PMP® Project Management Professional Certification exam
Benefits:- This Project Management Course will be of benefit to learners who identify the importance of the PMP® accreditation. The Course will highlight the working of the PMBOK® Guide.
After completing this course, you will know how to:
- understand the exam process (i.e. application procedure to taking the exam)
- identify the attributes of being a project manager
- understand the significance of good project governance
- define project objectives and create a project scope plan
- describe how a work breakdown structure is used as an input to developing a project plan
- understand the benefits of effective project planning and control
- apply the principles behind time and cost estimation
- understand the different components of a project schedules and how these can be applied
- deliver and manage an effective project management plan
- distinguish between risk and issue management and how to do it.
- monitor and communicate project progress on a timely basis
- understand the basis behind effective project leadership
- understand and plan for project success and closure
The following topics will be covered:
□ Introduction Session:- Overview of the Exam Application
□ Topic 1 (Chapter 1 and 2 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Project management process – defining project, program and portfolio management
□ Topic 2 (Chapter 3 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Project management framework from the PMBOK®
□ Topic 3 (Chapter 4 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Project change control – defining project processes and governance
□ Topic 4 (Chapter 5 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Project scoping and control – identify and understanding the project charter
□ Topic 5 (Chapter 6 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Project schedules developing and brainstorming the schedule
□ Topic 6 (Chapter 7 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Project cost estimation and control techniques – how to manage and report project estimates
□ Topic 7 (Chapter 8 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Project quality management – identifying project success and key project metrics
□ Topic 8 (Chapter 9 of the PMBOK® Guide):- The project managers soft skills including the role of the project manager
□ Topic 9 (Chapter 10 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Project management communication skills – stakeholder analysis and planning
□ Topic 10 (Chapter 11 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Risk and issue management – recording and management relevant risk
□ Topic 11 (Chapter 12 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Project contracts – overview of the project contract process
□ Topic 12 (Chapter 13 of the PMBOK® Guide):- Project Stakeholder management
□ Sample Exams and Coaching:- Provision of Sample exams and assistance until exam is completed.
This course is intended to provide learners with the skills required to pass the PMP® Exam.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.