Course Objective: – PRINCE2® is a well-established project management methodology used in business and government. It provides a proven best practice model that ensures project delivery is on time, on budget and of high quality. Each student that passed the exam will be provide with a PRINCE2® certification and will appear on the PRINCE2® Successful Candidate Registers. The course will enable delegates to:
- Recognise the factors which enable successful projects
- Describe the main PRINCE2® components, processes & techniques
- Describe the key PRINCE2® management products
- Recognise PRINCE2® terminology
- Prepare for and take the PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Exams
Audience: – The event is recommended for project managers, team leaders, project assurance and project support staff who are responsible for managing/supporting projects using PRINCE2®. The course is suitable for all staff working on any type of project.
Format:- Virtual Class with simulated sample exam questions. Previous experience of PRINCE2® is not necessary This course will be delivered through Althris, an APMG accredited training organisation.
Course Outline: – This five-day course covers the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner syllabus, including the following topics:
- Structured Approach to Managing Projects – Setting the scene for a structured approach to managing all projects; project success criteria; the model of the PRINCE2 method including the integrated elements of principles, processes, themes and tailoring.
- The Process-based Approach – PRINCE2 focuses on key processes needed for successful project management which must be present, but may be ‘tailored’ to reflect the complexity, scope and risks faced by the project. SPOCE’s PRINCE2 Process Model will be used to help delegates understand and appreciate what should be done to manage each project, why it should be done and when in the project lifecycle.
- Practical Work – A comprehensive scenario runs throughout the course from start to finish. A practical set of tasks help provide the application of the method. Many tasks are designed to help delegates link the four integrated elements of PRINCE2® – Principles, Processes, Themes and Tailoring. There are also sample exam questions for delegates to practice on before sitting the Foundation exam.
- Business Case – What is a Business Case; Outcomes, Outputs, Benefits and drawbacks; Developing, Verifying and Maintaining the Business Case; Confirming the benefits and the Benefits Review Plan.
- Organisation – Project Management Team Structure and the Project Board, Project Assurance, Project Manager, Team Manager, Change Authority and Project Support roles & responsibilities. Stakeholder management; Communication Management Approach.
- Plans – Levels and content of Plans; Exception Plans; Product-based approach to planning – Project Product Description, Product Breakdown Structure, Product Description, Product Flow Diagram; the PRINCE2 planning steps.
- Progress – Management and Technical Stages. Tolerance and Raising Exceptions. Project Board and Project Manager Controls for Reviewing and Reporting Progress; Baselines for Control; Capturing and Reporting Lessons; Event-driven and time-driven controls.
- Change – Issue and Change Control procedure; Change Management procedure; Change Management Approach; Baseline, Handling changes; Tracking and protecting products; Change Authority; Change Budget.
- Quality – Quality Defined, The Quality Audit Trial; Acceptance Criteria, Quality Criteria, Quality Management Approach, Quality Assurance, Quality Controls and Quality Review technique.
- Risk – Risk and Risk Management; Risk Management in Projects; Risk Management Approach; Risk Management Procedure; Risk Budget.
If this course is not scheduled here then just complete this form, and we can arrange a custom date for you