HIDDEN SKILLS OF A PROJECT MANAGER
Benefits: This workshop will be of benefit to learners who want to effectively manage projects within a competitive and rapid environment. The workshop focuses on the leadership, communication and influencing skills a project manager must have to be able to effectively navigate a project roadmap.
Learning Objectives: After completing this Project Management course, you will:
- Understand what the challenges that projects and project managers face
- Identifying the tools and techniques that can be used to on-board team members
- Ability to become a problem-solver and how to use these skills
- Understand that conflict is good in project and that the role of the project manager is to manage it
- The principles behind what a project leader is and how to implement it.
- The ability to influence sponsors and team members alike in non-ideal situations.
- Understand how to effectively communicate project results and status
- To be proactive and reactive in managing project situations and conflict.
Course Content: The following project management skills will be covered in the workshop through the forum of presentation, break-out workshops and case-studies: –
Skill 1: – Project Manager’s Mind-set
- Topic 1: – Project Management as Management by Objectives
- Topic 2: – The Mind-Set of a Project Manager
- Topic 3: – Managing Virtual Teams
Skill 2: – You’re Leadership Style
- Topic 1: – What Makes a Good Leader
- Topic 2: – What are your Leadership Qualities
- Topic 3: – Team Behavior
Skill 3: – Problem Solving and Prioritisation
- Topic 1: – The Roller-Coaster of Change
- Topic 2: – Define and Clarify the Issue
- Topic 3: – Identify the Reason Why?
- Topic 4: – Present the Options
- Topic 5: – Solve the Problem?
Skill 4: – Managing Conflict
- Topic 1: – Project Conflict
- Topic 2: – Negotiation Skills
- Topic 3: – Steps in Managing Conflict
Skill 5: – Influencing the Crowd
- Topic 1: – Influencing your Sponsor
- Topic 2: – Do you Listen to your Sponsor?
Skill 6: – Communication and Presentation Skills
- Topic 1: – What, When and How to Communicate?
- Topic 2: – Building Bridges
- Topic 3: – Lessons Learnt
If this course is not scheduled here then just complete this form, and we can arrange a custom date for you