The PfMP® examination consists of 170 multiple-choice questions. Of the 170 questions, 20 are considered pretest questions. Pretest questions do not affect the score but are used in examinations as an effective and legitimate way to test the validity of future examination questions. All questions are randomly placed throughout the examination.
The PfMP® examination is developed based on the PfMP® examination blueprint contained in the PfMP® Examination Content Outline. The examination blueprint details the percentage of questions contained in each performance domain. The following represents the percentage of questions in each of the five performance domains that are included in the examination.
- Domain 1: – Strategic Alignment (8 tasks) and accounts for 25% of the exam
- Domain 2: – Governance (5 tasks) and accounts for 20% of the exam
- Domain 3: – Portfolio Performance (10 tasks) and accounts for 25% of the exam
- Domain 4: – Portfolio Risk Management (6 tasks) and accounts for 15% of the exam
- Domain 5: – Communications Management (6 tasks) and accounts for 15% of the exam
This simulated database of questions is here to provide the skillset and knowledge for the PfMP® certification exam.